Wednesday 29 October 2008

Update on my baby!

My car, not my brother, or some mysterious baby that I've neglected to tell you all about :P


So yesterday I bought some jump leads and battery charger to restart my car, and was discussing it while one of my male friends was over. He immediately took over for me, much to my relief! My car is parked bonnet to bonnet with Other Driver's car, so he took all the keys, the jump leads and started my car off hers. I was up at the house listening worriedly for any clue to how it was doing. The second I heard my car revving I was off down the drive to see how it was!! (This was 1am, otherwise I would have been hovering near by all along!!).

So now my car starts, I left it running for an hour to charge it a bit, and once I've cleaned it I'll be taking it for a drive! I restarted it again today to check, just turning the key and it wasn't having any of it, which meant I had to get in (eeew - sorry car, but eew!) and rev it quite a lot, but it eventually started up again. Yaaay for my car :)

Though it is now even more moudly and disgusting and needs to be cleaned again. Great. I'm willing to take any volunteers to help! Any takers...? Anyone?? PLEASE???? It was a toss up between tidying my room today and cleaning in the morning (while possibly hungover...it's my friend's birthday today after all!) or cleaning my car today and tidying tomorrow. The rain did put me off and I'm "tidying my room", also known as "updating my blog"!! Hopefully I won't be hungover and will be able to do something for my car tomorrow without being sick!!

I can't leave it in this state, my dad is driving me back this Sunday to see if he can do anything about the rust around the boot which is letting the damp in, so he'll need to be IN the car (I assume!) and it smells rank and looks disgusting and well, he won't want to be kneeling in mould! So that should be a fun task for tomorrow!

Wish me luck, I really hope I won't be sick, that won't help the situation at all!

I'll give you the diagnosis on Sunday about whether or not it can be rescued. Keep your fingers crossed for my baby!


*** FURTHER UPDATE ***


Well I spent 2 hours cleaning my car, using every possible cleaning product under the sun (or so it seemed) and ran out of most of them!! And I couldn't go to the supermarket to get some more...I need a car for that!!


I got almost all of my car cleaned, all except the passenger seat behind the driver. When I last reversed onto my drive I went too close to the hedge and I can't get through the door!

So with about three quarters of an hour left before I had to go and catch a train to go home, and with a fairly damp car (I hadn't thought through that the cleaning products were liquid!) I decided to start up my car, put the heating on full blast and move it forward to clean the last section.


Got in the car and turned the key. It wasn't happy, usual grumblings, so I tried revving it...

And it gave up completely. The battery is once again flat. It was recharged TWO DAYS AGO, it started pretty much alright the day before...but no. It was having none of it! Dad informs me that means the battery is gone and we'll have to get a new one. Fabulous.


So when he drives me back to Uni on Sunday he'll be trying to fix the rust problem, fitting a new battery and hopefully generally checking how my car is!

Come on baby, you can pull through :P

1 comment:

Janet said...

Glad to hear that YOUR BABY is your car lol. And glad to hear that its recovering a little :-)
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxx