Friday 10 October 2008

It's turning out to be one of them days...

Where did we leave off?

Ah I was feeling sorry for myself in bed, ok. I am now out of bed lol I stayed in bed all morning and a bit of the afternoon, but dragged myself out for my last lecture and my language class.

On my way there I got a phonecall off my mum and WE PASSED PANEL!!! WOOOOOOOOOO! See mum's blog for details :D

Anyway, that's not why it's one of "them" days, I'm just on catch-up first.

The week was fairly uneventful, did nothing of interest really.

Yesterday I came home for the weekend since it was Dad's birthday earlier in the week :) Happy Birthday Daddy :)

Mum, Sis and Bro all came to pick me up from the station, I was very confused about why they were sat in the car outside though. But when I got to the car I found Little Bro absolutely zonked in the back. He woke up when he heard the doors opening and closing though, looking VERY confused to find me grinning at him!!

He quickly woke up properly and we went to McDonalds on the way home, where he got a Star Wars lightsaber. Which of course he had to attack me with. It quite quickly got confiscated when I got hit repeatedly on the knees with it!!

When we got back I got to put him to bed (not that he stayed there!) then sat downstairs chatting to mum and various people on MSN.

Now we get to today...

I got dragged out of bed at 7.30 and moped about for a bit, eating my breakfast and stuff. Little Bro read his reading book to me, which I am VERY proud about because apparently at school they gave him the wrong book and this is a few levels ahead of what he's supposed to be reading, but the FABULOUS clever boy barely even had to think about it! He didn't know "Can't" but this is a hard one, so as soon as I told him that's what it was, off he went! BRILLIANT :D He also did his spellings, again absolutely no problem. He's my little boy genius :)

I then had to dash upstairs to throw some clothes on so I could go and take him up to school.

When we got back I decided I'd go and have a shower. This is when the trouble started...

I got in the shower and was quite happily shampoo-ing my hair when I noticed a weird smell, I ignored this for a bit while I tried to wash the shampoo out but it was getting worse, and it was a pretty awful smell. So I started looking around and realised that white smoke was coming out of where the pipe thingy joined the box thingy. (Technical terminology that is :P).

EEK!

So I turned the shower off, wrapped up in a towel, then stuck my head out of the door to shout mum.

Nothing.

Two kittens appeared, but no mum. So I had to traipse through the kitchen and dining room, dripping wet, loads of shampoo still in my hair, absolutely freezing, to find her. She was in the hallway and so hadn't heard me. Ah well.

She went to look at the shower and her guess was as good as mine (Er...I don't know...I'll ring the handyman or something...). So I had to go and have a bath. I hate baths, they're alright if you're just laid in a nice warm bubble bath with a book, but for actual washing? Yuck. However, clean is clean, right? And it got the shampoo out of my hair lol.

Then I decided that I was hungry.

So I proceeded to root through the fridge, and threw a fair bit of stuff out, then started on the freezer and have now taken a load out for me to eat over the next few days.

I decided on a garlic flatbread, which I defrosted in the microwave (took forever), grated some cheese onto, and put in the oven.

After the first 5 minutes it didn't even begin to look cooked, so I moved the shelf up to the top and put it in for another 5 minutes. STILL didn't look cooked. However this time when I shut the door back up there was a bright flash of light in the oven and then the entire thing went off.

Charli : 2 , Technology : 0 (or is the technology winning here since I'm not actually getting to do what I want...? Hmm).

I decided to microwave the garlic bread to see if that would get the cheese to melt. Mum finally thought to mention that it was Wensleydale (or similar) that that wouldn't melt. Ah. That would explain it then. So I ate it un-melted (ugh, not anywhere near as nice).

So now I've been banned from touching anything else technological in the house, this mostly just includes the TV, the Wii and mum's computer lol.

Fingers crossed I won't break anything else!!

1 comment:

Janet said...

Charli had now been banned from touching all technology in the house!! And I just need to point out that she and I were chatting face to face in the lounge, not on MSN lol.
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxxx