Wednesday 22 October 2008

My Car Needs Some Love, Send It Some Love People!


So I haven't driven my car much since I got back from the fencing competition, first because I was still too achey, and then because it was just easier to get into my friends car which was at the front of the drive. And it's not been driven at all in about a week.

When I last drove it I noticed it smelled mildly damp but thought "it's OK, I'll just spray it with some Oust or something". So when today it was my car's turn to drive (my other driving housemate was out, we were to go pick her up on the way), I went down earlier to spray it lots.

I opened the backdoor and stood there in horror.

The entire of the back seats, the floor, the seatbelts, EVERYTHING, was covered in spots of mould. My car looked like it had chicken pox!! My other housemate came down the pathway soon after this, looked at the car, and said a few choice words.

Then, being House Mummy, she examined it properly and announced that it was fine, it was just surface mould, on the way back from lectures we'd just buy anti-bacterial stuff and clean it. No problem.

We got into the front (which wasn't anywhere near as bad) greatly heartened.

Problem Number Two...It wouldn't start. At all.

We'd already rung Other Driver to say "bring a bin bag to sit on!!". Now we rang back again "Uh...can you pick us up?".

All the way to the lecture I tried to get in touch with mum and dad, who I was later told were in a meeting. So I texted mum and she rang me not long later.

Dad calmly explained that because around the edge of the boot was rusted, water was getting through, and because I only drive to lectures or the supermarket etc, I simply wasn't driving long enough for it to dry out. Also, I was using up the battery starting it, and then again not driving long enough to recharge it, so the battery was flat.

Fabulous.

So then me and Other Driver had to go to the supermarket, buy every product that may in some way help, and try and clean my car. It's doing alright so far, but we ran out of daylight so we have to do some more tomorrow. We also didn't want to jump start it off her's because we're a little wary of blowing up the engines or something (we've no clue what lead joins onto what), so HOPEFULLY one of our other friends will come rescue us tomorrow. Then tomorrow we'll be driving to the cinema (about 20 minutes away) to air out the car (all the windows open on a big A-road...fuuuun) and to see High School Musical 3 as a HUUUUGE THANK YOU!! to her for helping me clean my car. And by that, I mean cleaning up most of the mould for me.

THANK YOU, LOVE YOOOOOU!

So send my car some love, it's poorly sick and it needs your happy thoughts to recover! I'm terribly sad over its predicament, and the fact that Dad has now told me that come Spring I really SHOULD get a new car. If it lasts even that long. It's been a good car, it's temperamental, yes, but it's served me well and I love it, even more for it's quirky personality!! My poor baby :(

2 comments:

Janet said...

Love love love love love love love love love love love love love love
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxx

Alix said...

awww poor car, i would send car hugs but i might get mouldy :p Hope it gets better soon