Monday 15 September 2008

Starting as I mean to go on (ie wafflingly!)


Today started at 7.30am when mum dragged me out of bed. At least today I wasn't woken by kittens or by someone being at the door! The past 2 days in a row there's been someone at the door, so I'd leap out of bed after the second knock, assuming no-one else was in, only for mum to answer the door! Gutting!

I was pretty tired so I just slumped on the sofa for a while, making mum worry that I was sad about something and wouldn't be able to "bounce" sufficiently for my interview. But I was fine, just tired! I was cheerier once I woke up a bit more. Breakfast was interesting as Little Bro (we think) had messed with the settings in the fridge and everything in there was frozen, including the margarine and the milk!!

We took Little Bro to school then came home to wait for a wonderful, wonderful man who cleaned our oven. I hadn't realised how dirty it was until I saw how beautiful and shiny it is now! It seems a shame to cook in it!

I had the much awaited and fairly dreaded interview (read about it here http://charliemalo.blogspot.com/), which HOPEFULLY went quite well? I think I did the best I could do, and the lady seemed positive, so now we just have to wait 3 weeks to see if my best was good enough to get me another interview. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Once my interview was done we went over to the next village to take a load of stuff to the tip (which we had to sort out while we were there, should have got Dad to sort it as he tidied!), then 5 big bags to the charity shop (that's quite good for us, normally it's 7 or 8 bags!). After that we went over to the bank the FINALLY sort my account out and make it a Student Account. They were lovely and helpful, it's gret how nice everyone is in villages :)

Then mum treated me to a bacon butty and some chocolate, made me feel muuuuuch better. I was actually shaking when I went downstairs after my interview, so bacon and chocolate was JUUUUST what I needed! Though not at the same time, YUUUCK!

For the rest of the day I just sort of lazed around and checked up on how everyone elses interviews went, before deciding I wanted a blog. I then spent the rest of the afternoon and a large part of the evening playing at blogging!! Mum kept laughing at me but it was quite good fun! Had lots of trouble with getting pictures to fit, but I like how it all is now :)

We had a Chippy Tea tonight, we go to that chippy waaaay too often but it's a good chippy! Under it's older management I'd just have to ring up to order and get as far as "Hello..." before they started on "Ahh! It's our best customer! An order for the [our house]?". They were lovely but I found it quite embarressing! Now it's got new people working there but they've started to recognise me too, they were quite surprised the other day when I went in and asked for a Steak and Onion Pie instead of a Mixed Shish Kebab for Dad. "No mix shish today?!" Aah it's quite shameful I think! Either we need to go there less or Mum and Dad need to do the driving more often!!

Oooh that's what else I did, I heard back from a driving instructor that I'd rung. I wanted to know if I could have a lesson on motorways before going back to Uni on Saturday. WOW IT'S SOUNDS TERRIFYING! She's taking me to the shopping centre about an hour away, so I can practice longer driving, motorways, going on and off them etc. She'll direct me there, then I direct myself back (with written directions). Apparently if I miss a turn and get lost that's "GREAT!", she won't tell me I've missed it until I leave the county, then we'll stop and look at a map. I'm SCARED!! This sounds awful!! SAVE MEEEE! I don't do maps! I don't do directions! I'm HOPELESS! That's why Dad just bought me a GPS!! EEK!

That's all for now I think...
Charli

5 comments:

Janet said...

You are right its very waffling :-) But totally you lol. Of COURSE my fingers are crossed - do you know how hard it is to type like this?!?!
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxx

Josie Knight said...

I can't help it, I just talk too much!!

LOL! I can imagine it would be difficult!

LMS
xxx

Anonymous said...

Very good, our lives are waaaaaaay too busy to keep in touch the normal way lol

And yes you do go to that chippy too much :p

Auntie S
xxx

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, turn off that thing where I have to put in the letters every time I make a comment!!!

Auntie S
xxxx

Josie Knight said...

I don't know how to do that but I'll go see if I can figure it out!

xxx