Sunday 21 September 2008

Going to Uni

The next day I got up to mind my brother while my parents went out and got Dad's new car. Since my car is with me at uni that would have left them with a bit of a problem!

When they got back I stalled going packing for as long as possible!

I went and got dressed.

I insisted on a picture with my brother and sister.

I got something to eat.

I did lots and lots! But eventually I did have to go and pack. Ugggh.

There wasn't much left to do, just pick out a couple of weeks worth of clothes, sort my stuff some more to make sure I only had what I needed and then labelled all the stuff that was left. Like I had a "Ask Dad" pile, a "Going to Uni Next time" pile, a "Not going to Uni" pile etc. For mum to deal with later, have fun with that :P

After some more stalling once I was done, I packed up my laptop and started loading the car. Well, dad loaded the car, me and my sister dragged it all downstairs!!

Stalled some more...then it was time for hugs and kisses and setting off :(

Me and mum drove over to grandma's (half way point!) for food and drinks and hello's, then after a while we had to set back off again.

OOH! Part way to grandma's I took over the driving :D I only drove for 15 minutes, but I did major traffic jams on a big hill, a little bit of motorway AND driving with my GPS :D I was so proud of me!! (Be proud, you know you want to!).

We got to my uni, everyone helped bring stuff inside, then me and mum got 'ranging.

We then get a phonecall off the B&B man asking if we were coming, so we went and checked in, then went over to the supermarket to buy food and a blanket and stuff.

We dropped all the food off and put it away, before us all going off to dinner as mum's treat.

Turned out we should have booked a table!! We waited about an hour and a half before our food arrived. And that hour and a half wasn't just sat at a table, that includes the AAAGES we sat waiting FOR a table!!

It was good, cheap food though and everyone seemed to have a good time :)

Me and mum then came over to the B&B and collapsed in bed to SLEEEEEP! Very long day, though much longer for mum who had to drive all this way.

THANK YOU MUMMY! :)

Soon we're off away from the B&B (and from internet - 10 working days til we get it, nooo!). Going to Argos for bookshelves and then supermarket for a microwave!! Mum's train is at 2pm, and then I'm back to unpacking, sorting and generally being a bit sad :(

Miss everyone already but I'll see you all soon! Try not to have too much fun in your various places without me!!

Ooh and Alix, text me how you'd like your money for the Ball and I'll get mum to send it over. An address would also be good lol I don't want to miss out, Charli-ella want's her ball!!! :P

xxx

3 comments:

Alix said...

what a publicist i am, tickets arent even on sale yet and ive already sold some! I can't really sort anything out for snowball tickets until after that launch (beginning of october) but as soon as they go on sale I'll get it sorted :)

Hope going away wasnt too sad, it'll soon be xmas!

Janet said...

I am very very proud of you :-) You managed perfectly with the driving and you'll get more and more confident and independant as you keep practicing :-)
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

You should have rang if you were going past our house (or near enough!). Then again we were going out your way so we wouldn't have been in!

Unc P.