Sunday 21 September 2008

Quick Catch-Up

Let's see, where did I get up to?

Right, after the night out I was pretty exhausted but the next day I had another driving lesson, this time driving to Big Shopping Centre an hour away. I was told that she would direct me there, however I had to direct me back again. AAAARRRRGGGGHHH! I absolutely panicked about that ALL morning, to the point where I was almost sick and when it came time for me to go I burst into tears and was completely hysterical at mum!!

I eventually left and met up with the Driving Lady. We went through all the checks on the car you had to do (and found out I had no oil, dad fixed that for me yesterday morning - Thank You Dad!), what to do if I broke down on the motorway (apparently it's more complicated than "Pull over and ring the AA!"). Then we set off. Still scary, but less so at night, and she let me drive at 60 if I wanted to drive at 60, whereas the man the day before tried to get me to stay at 70.

We eventually got there, went for a drink and a walk around, then it was my turn to navigate. I'd already plotted a route, and she showed me it on the map, then we put the page up where I could see it and I had to set off. And I managed it! I got all the way back :D

There were only two near-mishaps which she took pity on me and wouldn't let me make. One was being in the wrong lane on a big roundabout (3 lane roundabout with traffic lights, we don't have them at home!!). I was in the lane nearest to the actual roundabout, and then was like "Uh...how to I get over there to turn off?!" so we just went around again!!

Another time I was told by my directions (thank you multi-map!) to take the second exit on the roundabout. Ok, services exit one...there's exit two. Apparently the services don't count as an exit?! We couldn't figure out why, but since it was an understandable mistake she told me I wanted the next exit.

We got back to the supermarket, paid up, and she was gone! Best £40 I ever spent of my parents money!!!

I refused to motorway back home again though, I was sick of them and I wanted my nice scenery and country roads with CORNERS lol

xx

No comments: