Thursday 18 September 2008

Just one of them days!



Mum came in and woke me up at 7.30 and told me she was going back to bed for a bit since Little Bro woke her up some time before 6 and she was tiiiired! I had no problem with this.

I got up, got him some breakfast, let him watch TV while he ate (he's not meant to but I was too tired to argue!), checked my emails while he was eating, got him dressed, read his reading book, did his spellings, got my own breakfast, got myself dressed, read a book...And still had loads of time to spare!! Me and mum are still trying to figure out what I missed since most mornings we're rushing!

We drove up to school since I wasn't entirely sure what time school started or how long it would take me to walk there. I say walk, but there's no walking involved since Little Bro goes off at top speed on his scooter!!

I came back and generally mooped around tidying up bits here and there, wrote a big long email to my friend and made some lunch, til mum got up at about 10.30 demanding to know why I hadn't woken her up already - "The social workers are coming!!!"

I (hopefully) convinced her it was ok, there was barely any tidying to do and the social worker wasn't due for another 4 hours. BREATHE! I didn't want to wake her up, she was tired and she needs to be awake for social worker-ing!!

I then went off to the next village to drop ANOTHER 4 big bags off at the charity shop and then my car off at the garage to have it's wingmirror fixed. No I didn't break it, I had nothing to do with it!!

I then sat outside in the GLORIOUS sunshine (we have BLUE SKY! I took a picture of it to commemorate this momentous event!) drinking a can of coke and eating some chocolate. After half an hour or so I wandered back over to the garage to see how my baby was doing.

The wing-mirror was only half on, but the fix-it man was busy sorting some other people out. He then went back to my car, drove it out onto the road for me, I paid up and I was off.

Or so I thought.

I got into my car and immediately stalled it. I keep forgetting they leave it in gear!! Shamefacedly I tried to start it up again.

Nothing.

So I tried again.

Still nothing.

I held the accelerator down while I turned the key.

Nope, still nothing.

The fix-it man came running out to help.

"Alright love? Try locking it and unlocking it again, the immobilisers probably on".

Nope still wouldn't start.

"Ok then, jump out of the car let me try."

The little monster wasn't having ANY of it.

"Just one of them days, eh! Let me just go put these papers away then I'll come back and have a look under the bonnet"

While he was off I rang mum to explain what was going on, she rather impatiently told me I'd have to go back to the garage, not realising I WAS at the garage!! When I explained she just laughed and said she'd see me when I got back then. The man returned and lifted up the bonnet.

"Alright, can you try turning the key again for me?"

Started with no trouble at all.

He looked just as stumped as I was!! He shrugged at me, shut the bonnet up and sent me on my way with a rather bemused smile!!

I got back, regailed my parents with my adventures in Other Village, decided my car was just sulking about being stalled, then got sent to make drinks for everyone as the social worker arrived.

So now I'm sat up in my room doing...absolutely nothing.

Someone care to entertain me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to sit in my room and have nothing to do but some of us have jobs lol

So I'm sat at work with nothing to do instead, it's sooooooooo quiet now, scarily quiet!!!

Love
Auntie S
xxxx

Janet said...

You seemed to find enough friends on the internet to talk to!!
Love
Mummy
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Aww, I hope things stop being so scarily quiet soon. In the end I sorted some more of my uni stuff. Want to swap? Sorting is BORING!

I found friends to talk to EVENTUALLY, but for ages I was all on my lonesome!

LMS
xxx

Anonymous said...

No being bored, for tonight we go dance like morons :D