Saturday 17 January 2009

Happy Christmas and New Year!

Well it's been far too long since I last wrote anything isn't it! Oops! I never was one for keeping things like diaries up to date. Where was I up to last...?

I didn't get to fence for the women's team, but I think I'm still technically on it! My fencing tracksuit has arrived (the order had actually been cancelled but then all the tracksuits came through anyway!), and I came third in the friendly competition I took part in :) All good on the fencing front! Apart from the fact I've not yet got my car over to uni so I can't start it up again til the end of the month :(

I got my mid-term exam results back, I got a "B" in Developmental, an "A-" in my Memory exam, and a "D" in my Psychobiology exam (the one that went horrendously - hey, at least I passed!!). I also got an "A" in my Psychometric Assignment, which was the biggest and most annoying assignment EVER!! So I'm pretty pleased with that :)

I managed to drive myself back for Christmas, which was another great achievement for me!

Christmas was pretty awesome :D I got to go to lots of parties and see my friends lots, but most importantly my American Friend came over for TWO WEEKS! I've been chatting to him for years via E-Mail, MSN, letters and the website I met him on (long story!), then when I was in Iowa I got to ring him up which was WAY COOL!

I got to introduce him to all my friends, take him to lots of parties, get him very drunk (and now I'm in trouble with his "mom" LOL), show him around where I live, take him to see cathedrals and castles and take him to the Crib Service at the village church.

He was absolutely lovely, really sweet and insanely tall!

He seemed to have a good time, and I loved having him here :) We got rather close in the time that he was here so I was very sad to wave him off :( In the time since he left we firstly decided we were "kinda" boyfriend and girlfriend, which I never really understood, so I pointed this out and was like "it's fine, but WHY? It doesn't make SENSE" so he asked if I wanted to be his girlfriend, to which I replied yes but only if HE wanted me to be (he's very anti-long distance relationships, which I totally get), and was like "ok, then you are!" And so now I have a boyfriend! Woo :D A boyfriend I won't see for another 8 months or so but hey! Never mind!

A few of my friends think it's pointless but know better than to try and tell me what to do other than give their honest opinion! It's not anything against him, just against the distance.

What else...I'm now back at uni (well, not right now, I'm at home babysitting at the moment). I'm in the middle of my final exams for these modules, I've had two and have a week til my third and final one. On Monday I have a training day for a mentoring scheme I'm taking part in with the local schools and ... I think that's about it?

Oh, I've made the decision that after this degree I'll be taking a year out. I want to be a Counselling Psychologist which means doing a Counselling Psychology Doctorate after this basic degree. Trouble is I also need a Certificate in Counselling Skills (ie, do a training course thing) and "relevant experience". These courses can take either 10 weeks or 6 months depending on what and where. I'd rather not get my relevant experience or do the training course at the same time as getting a First or 2:1 in my degree. Normally people would do things like volunteer work over Summer, but I'd need to do it this Summer in order to apply next year to start September next year. Obviously this won't happen as I'm in America! Also I think I'll really NEED the break, I've been in the education system since I was 3 or 4, I'm nearly 20! I'm sick to death of it, and I think a year break to do this part-time course and have a job would do me the world of good :)

Unfortunately this means I won't be fully qualified until I'm 25 :(

Ah well! It'll be worth it in the end!! Right...?!?!?! lol

I think that's a total update, other than adoption stuff which you can go read Mum's blog for, and exciting things that me, mum and Auntie S are beginning organising, but I'm not sure how much I'm allowed to say or anything like that!!

I'll try not to leave it so long next time!!!

xxx

5 comments:

Alix said...

lol you dont update this thing nearly often enough. But yes I think you're mental, but hes charming so its probably ok ;)

Janet said...

Hi LMS,
Lovely to see you blogging again :-)
I agree he is lovely and he seems to make you very happy (not THAT happy!!!) but the distance is a BIGGIE that you are both going to have to work out if you want this to go anywhere!!
Lots of love
Mummy
xxxxx

Anonymous said...

You can talk about it if you want lol I'm trying to not get too excited till it's booked but I just can't help it!!!

Love
Auntie S
xxx

PS - I read it as Auntie Sare on your blog and though 'that's not my name, you don't call me that' then I realised I shouldn't read so quick and there was a space lol x

Anonymous said...

Oh and 25 isn't old at all to be qualifed at something lol I won't be qualified till I'm about 30 the rate things are going!!!

Auntie S
xxx

Josie Knight said...

Oops lots of comments to reply to!

Alix - Yeah I know I don't update often enough, I'm falling back behind again already :p You have a tendency to think I'm mental so I don't mind :p And he is quite charming isn't he *swoons* LOL

Mum - I'm quite glad about the general all around approval I'm getting, though everyone seems to feel the need to point out how far away he is - I had noticed :P

Auntie S - Haha, it's weird calling you Auntie! And course you're going to be excited! You're getting MARRIED! It's VERY exciting!!! And I know 25 isn't that old to be qualified...but at only 19 it's a REALLY long way away!!!

I'll try and keep updating more often :)

xxx